GoodReader User Manual
USB File Transfer
USB File Transfer is the fastest and the easiest way to put files to GoodReader from your computer. Unlike with WiFi File Transfer, there's no need to go through a complicated WiFi setup process, and a frustration of WiFi network Troubleshooting.
Apple provides a way to transfer files to applications via a USB cable in their iTunes computer program. You can find the directions below.
Please note that Downloads and iCloud folders will not appear in iTunes for USB transferring.
USB file transfer using Apple's iTunes computer program (iTunes File Sharing)
To transfer files with iTunes program:
- start iTunes on your computer (make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes)
- connect your iPad / iPhone / iPod touch to your computer via USB cable
- select your device in the list of connected devices on the top bar of iTunes
- select Apps tab on the left pane of iTunes window
scroll the window down till you find the File Sharing section
- select GoodReader in the list of apps that support iTunes File Sharing
- in GoodReader Documents window you will find documents stored in My Documents folder of GoodReader
- drop your files to this window, and they will be immediately transferred to GoodReader
- you can drop groups of files and folders at once, no need to drop them one by one
- you can also transfer files and folders in the opposite direction - from GoodReader to computer
- all files that you transfer with iTunes will appear in My Documents folder of GoodReader. You can use GoodReader's File Management tools later to move those files to any subfolder inside GoodReader.